My Top 5 Tips For Thrifting
Thrifting can be both fun & rewarding. Many people thrift for different reasons. You can find several items including clothes, shoes, furniture & accessories. I enjoy finding name brand pieces at a very low reduced price. It's a favorite past time for some because they learned when they were younger what treasures actually are in "thrift stores."
Here are a few tips for thrifters & new comers:
1. Always try the items on. The clothing size in the tag may not reflect its true size. Make sure to wear socks or stockings when trying on shoes.
2. Look for stains, holes or missing things like buttons or zippers.
3. Ask what discounts or sales are going on for that day/week. Most stores have color coded tags & have special discounts.
4. Wash or dry clean your items before wearing. Make sure you read washing instructions first.
5. Have fun & mix your items. Sometimes I wear a whole outfit that has been thrifted & nobody can tell. But, also I wear just 1 or 2 thrifted pieces & pair them with some of my modern things.
Leave a Reply.
Welcome to my blog. My hobbies are reading, cooking, thrifting, crafting and traveling . I try my best to keep my entries updated. Hope you enjoy!