My Top 5 Tips For Thrifting
Thrifting can be both fun & rewarding. Many people thrift for different reasons. You can find several items including clothes, shoes, furniture & accessories. I enjoy finding name brand pieces at a very low reduced price. It's a favorite past time for some because they learned when they were younger what treasures actually are in "thrift stores."
Here are a few tips for thrifters & new comers:
1. Always try the items on. The clothing size in the tag may not reflect its true size. Make sure to wear socks or stockings when trying on shoes.
2. Look for stains, holes or missing things like buttons or zippers.
3. Ask what discounts or sales are going on for that day/week. Most stores have color coded tags & have special discounts.
4. Wash or dry clean your items before wearing. Make sure you read washing instructions first.
5. Have fun & mix your items. Sometimes I wear a whole outfit that has been thrifted & nobody can tell. But, also I wear just 1 or 2 thrifted pieces & pair them with some of my modern things.
Bad Hair Day Ideas
We all have those bad hair days, some more than others. Truth is, since I've been natural, I learned how to embrace those type of days. Whether I wear an afro, put it in a puff, or if it's in a protective style I just do it! I keep several things & ideas on hand. Headbands, rubber ponytail holders, scarves, beenies & of course hats. Spring is approaching & with it comes the Spring like weather. Ladies, we all should have at least one or two go-to-hairstyles. Especially for those days it may rain or when we have some running around to do. Those who work out at the gym or exercise in the comfort of your own home, can pretty much benefit from simply doing a wash and go, sew in or braids.
Whether your hair has decided to cooperate or not don't stress over it. I always say my hair doesn't make me, I make my hair! The choices I make for my hair depend on not being so time consuming. I like something that is quick & manageable. Bad hair days are a way to let your hair rest & relax.
Welcome to my blog. My hobbies are reading, cooking, thrifting, crafting and traveling . I try my best to keep my entries updated. Hope you enjoy!